Monday, June 04, 2007

Wii - A pretty incredible little device

I bought one of these a few weeks back and have been very impressed with the versatility and useability of this device. I found the main interface to be very intiutive and have used the online content (news, weather, etc) many times as an alternative to browsing the web. Certainly the most innovative aspect of the device is the remote, which definitely changes game play and makes it far more engrossing (IMHO). All in all I think the Wii is a huge winner and the way it is selling in contrast to the PS3 I think it also shows that innovation can trump raw power when it is done right. To me, the PS3's selling point is that it does basically what the PS2 did only faster and more detailed (of course there's more to it than that but that's the message that comes across to consumers) whereas the Wii has been marketed as a new kind of console and I gthink people are, by default, curious about it and when they actually use it they are impressed with it (i.e., it lives up to the hype).

No comments: